Wednesday, November 23, 2005

UMW Assembly

I have been reading about the UMW Assembly that will be held in May. It reminds me of those that I attended a long time ago in Louisville and Philadelphia. How very special they were. They helped shape a young mother's understanding of how the church can really be a teacher and voice of social justice. I sensed that I was reclaiming the stories of women in my family who were suffragettes and social activists. Through these bus trip adventures, I met women who continue to be very important in my life. These events certainly are part of my call to ministry. It is my prayer that we could make it possible for a young woman in our midst to attend this event in May.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jean,
What a coincidence that you should write your blog on UMW Assmbly the day that I received my registration confirmation for the UMW Assembly. I am looking forward to the focus groups and meeting women from around the world. I plan to attend a worship service at the Crystal Cathedral while there.
Jean

Rev. Jean said...

I am so glad that you plan to attend. This will not only be important to us, but to you also. It will be an experience that you won't forget.

Jean