Monday, June 27, 2005

About Me

Jean O. Osborne

I have served First UMC as Minister of Education since April, 2001. As an advocate for children and their families, I have helped First become designated as “A Church for All Children.” in the South Carolina United Methodist Conference. Primarily, my responsibilities are the teaching/learning ministries for all ages. I especially enjoy leading DISCIPLE Bible Studies and coordinating the confirmation experience for sixth graders.

I am a graduate of Ohio State University and Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary. As an ordained Deacon in the United Methodist Church, I seek to empower laity to be the hands, feet, and voice of Christ in the community.

Born in Ohio, I am married, the mother of two grown sons and have recently welcomed four grandchildren into my life.

No comments: