Saturday, November 18, 2006

What a Game!

One more time the OSU-Michigan football game has been played. Always important to Big 10 fans, but this year it was an over-the-top experience. I live with an avid fan and he has been waiting for this since last year. Other games on the schedule are just a prelude to "the game". Of course, who would have thought the #1 and #2 ranked teams would be playing? Then, Bo Schembechler's death on the eve of this game cast a pall over the day. However, the “good guys” prevailed 42-39. Go, Buckeyes!

Memories of The Horseshoe, Script Ohio, Woody Hayes and the Big Game are part of being an Ohio State alumna. I am glad I had the opportunity to graduate from OSU and know that those days shaped me in important ways. But, how did collegiate football become a focus of my life?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was the tall, dark-haired man named Ron!! Congratulations on the win - we pulled hard for THE Ohio State University.
Your TIGER friends