Friday, November 10, 2006

New Clergy

I have been participating in another election this week. As a member of the Board of Ministry I have been part of the process of assessing candidates for elder and deacon orders and then voting to accept them. As always, I sense a great responsibility for careful discernment. So I was pleased to see who many of these probationary members have become in the past three years. On addition to being confident and articulate, they expressed excitement about their first years of ministry. I was also glad to see the collegial spirit that had developed among them. This relationship will be important to them in the years to come. I believe that our Board of Ministry is committed to its work and I am honored to be a part of it. As the mantle is passed to those who follow, it is good to know that the call to ministry is being taken seriously by both candidates and the Board of Ministry.

No comments: