Saturday, July 23, 2005

Transforming Experiences

“If you make my word your home you will indeed be my disciples” – John 8:31

Disciple Bible Study has been very much part of my life for the past twelve years and each year my commitment to it grows. I have seen what a difference it makes in persons lives and the discipleship of the congregation. It is once again that time for me to encourage others to be a part of these weekly small group gatherings that study the Bible in a very intentional way. Reading and reflecting on assigned passages gives the basis for exploring together a greater understanding of discipleship. My greatest joy comes each year as we share our personal revelations and discover new meaning for our servanthood. I invite you to make a commitment to this important study, not only for yourself, but also for the body of Christ. This year I will be leading Jesus in the Gospels, a new Disciple study for those who have completed DISCIPLE I. Contact me for details about any of the studies.

I am pleased that First UMC will be offering another extended small group experience, Companions in Christ, beginning in September. This spiritual formation experience involves a combination of Scripture and other readings and spiritual disciplines. It is presented by Upper Room Books. I have heard many positive comments about this series during the past few years and recommend it for your consideration. Jackie and Joey will be leading this first group and are quite excited about its focus and content. They would very much like to talk with you about it and I will be glad to refer you to them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As in Synoptic Gospels?
Sounds like fun.
No struggling with Paul?
I am Interested.
Tom