Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Holy Moments

In my past, I had a friend that used to talk about holy moments. It took me awhile to make that term part of my vocabulary, but now I think I have claimed what it means and I share with you this understanding.

Our lives are filled with holy moments: birth, death, and many life-changing moments in between. We have holy moments when we know life is sacred, purposeful, whole, and holy. We have holy moments when we know we have come from God, we return ultimately to God, and in the meantime, we belong to God. We are created in the image of God. Through the grace of God, we hear God's voice and experience God's presence and power. When life changes and we are never the same again, when we are able to say with Paul, "by the grace of God I am what I am" (1 Cor. 15:10) we know holy moments. Holy moments give us our sense of directions, our pace, our relationship, our identity, our sense of belonging and fulfillment.

This week may provide some holy moments for you. They are to be part of your reflection and prayer. May you be blessed in this way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes "Holy moments" are experienced because we use the moment to turn toward God and say "yes?". That happened for me today when I took the time to read your posting. In an instant I felt my values, as I had been expressing them through my actions of the day, being reordered. Thank you for initiating your blog and providing the stimulus for me to be open to the possibility of living a "Holy moment".

Anonymous said...

Can Holy moments be induced like
labor?