Saturday, July 09, 2005

A Thin Place

When I was a child on an Ohio farm, I often felt God’s nearness when I was experiencing God's created world. Blessed assurance came from the rhythms of nature. Moments of sacred communion were known with sunrises and sunsets painted across the open skies. Now I am blessed by being able to walk with God on the beach. Yesterday, I choose to observe Sabbath at the shore of the Atlantic Ocean. Once again I embraced the thought that God is seeking to bless our faith through the holy ground upon which we exist. Where earth and heaven seem to meet and there is a sense that God is not far away was called a “thin place” by the Celts. Yesterday, I was in a “thin place.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes my patience gets to a "thin place" and usually God is there to reinforce

Anonymous said...

Please, leave this section up for a long time so that I can re-read it every day and be inspired by a real name for an idea that previously I only knew how to feel.