Saturday, July 02, 2005

Being Connected

Methodists love to use the term connectional. It defines us theologically, politically, missionally, and whenever we can't think of another word. Of course, the Internet has taken us to a new level in our connectionalism. We use websites to learn what is happening in the world of Methodism and we allow our thinking to be shaped by their content. This sometimes scares me when I hear persons quoting what they have read on the Web and accept as fact. I regularly access http://www.umc.org . (On July 1, a "refresh" was launched and there are still a few dead links to be fixed.) This site leads me to many other UMC sites and interesting reading. Now we blog. Who knows where that will take us in understanding who we are? Blog If You Love Jesus, an article in the recent INTERPRETER, explores this medium of communication. This same article will soon be posted at http://www.interpretermagazine.org. Check it out. I wonder how I can effectively use blogging as a tool of ministry?

No comments: