Saturday, September 29, 2007

New Banner, etc.

I have been looking for a picture that would represent "A Pilgrim's Persective." This one seems to say so very much as Tom commented so eloquently to my previous post. I, too, thought of Robert Frost’s “The Road Not Taken” and remembered all the choices I have made. It also reminded me of Dutchess County, New York, a special place in my heart. Others have thought it to be Kentucky, New England or England. The picture was taken in Scotland and unfortunately I was not the photographer. A picture truly can say "a thousand words.”

I continue to be quite interested in the Nothing But Nets campaign and was interested to read this week that United Methodists have raised more than $1.75 million worldwide for this campaign in less than a year. So far, the campaign has distributed approximately 196,000 nets in Zimbabwe, Congo, Nigeria and Chad and positive results are already being noted.

Two favorite blog posts this week were “Creation, Community and Healing” by Larry Hollen and “Just Imagine” by Kathy James. Both gave me something to ponder on my daily walk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Click on "Just Imagine", see fav blogs of this site, click "only Wonder Understands", Read second post. Great Wesley insight.