Tuesday, January 02, 2007

President Ford

As I watch the funeral events surrounding President Ford's death, I am being given a good refresher course in U.S.history and government. Well-prepared journalists and writers seem to be offering both words of respect and reality. It is giving me lots to think about in the days to come. Along with many others, I am surprised at the emotion that I feel while watching the proceedings, but I will let the commentators analyze this. However, I do know it is a day that we can understand the blessing we have by living in this democracy.

Political cartoons often give us important messages. Such is this one found on Slate website tells today's story. (A review of their 2006 collection is a worthy use of time)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was mesmerized by the funeral services. It was so precise and touching. The obvious respect was refreshing.

By the way, i like the cartoon about A. Jolie and madonna fighting to adopt the new year! Thanks for the link!