Thursday, December 07, 2006

Remembering

December 7 is one of those dates that is forever marked in our memories. Pearl Harbor was before I was born, but during my childhood my parents and teachers would retell their experieces so vividly that the events of that day are permanently etched in my mind. I honor it as World War II defined many of the adults I knew as a child. Their stories became my story in many ways. JFK's death on November 22,1963 was a major turning point for my generation. The dream of Camelot was shattered. May the aftermath of this event be known and honored into the future, also.

I think to have dates on the calendar evoke strong emotions and reflections is healthy. It puts us in touch with those times and places that have been important to us. In the remembering there can be new insight and healing of old wounds. Renewed and refreshed we can move forward to shaping our tomorrows. So be it for you and for me.

No comments: