Saturday, September 09, 2006

Game Day!

I live with a nut, a buckeye to be precise. Ron is a OSU Buckeye sports fan win or lose. The Internet age has enhanced this because he can have up to the minute news about coaches, players, recruiting, etc. Before daylight this morning he was checking on game day news. However, I have been glad to learn that there are OSU fans around the country that definitely have too much time on their hands. Yesterday, some were even tracking the team flight to Texas via the Internet. Forty thousand OSU fans have gathered in Austin in hopes of seeing the game. Only four thousand tickets were allotted to OSU. It is reported that OSU flags are flying all over the country this mornning and even Bagdad. Needless to say, I won't be asking my sweetheart to mow the lawn or take me to a movie today. An OSU football game is an all day event. He will have to monitor ESPN Game Day and various websites prior to the game. Afterwards there will be phonecalls and e-mails to family and friends to replay the game. I just stay out of his way and pass the food to him occasionally. Today will be an interesting experience for us both. Go, Bucks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand your plight. I have to deal with a sports "junkie" today - primarily a Clemson fan but every football game on television will be watched intently.