Thursday, July 27, 2006

Wesley's Wisdom

The news headlines of each day seem to leave us feeling like we are living under a cloud of despair and discouragement. Yet, we know that we are called to offer hope by sharing the gifts we have been given. How? Perhaps the familiar words of John Wesley answer this question.

"Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as every you can."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I carry these words in my wallet, and they are framed and on the wall above my desk at home so that I read them every day. They do indeed help! I have been inspired to do all I can do, but I have also been consoled to realize all I can do is all I can do. I then need to turn the rest of it over to God. I can't over state the peace that realization has given me.