Friday, July 28, 2006

A Busy Week

We have been busy saying goodbye to Rebecca, our Duke intern. She will leave us after worship on Sunday. In ten short weeks she has become one of us and we will miss her. Not only have we been able to provide her with a varied field experience, but also she has helped us to understand the process of answering the call to ministry. We will look forward to knowing where God leads her.

Church camp is more than canoeing, creek hiking and vespers. It means lots of forms to be completed and getting all of this in order for our campers seems always to mean a flurry of activity at the last moment. This week has been no exception. Thank heavens for e-mail and FAX machines. I am so glad that we have a busload of children going to Asbury Hills. The generosity of others has made this possible.

This is the season of planning and reorganization. Making sure that teachers and curriculum are in place for Sunday school, organizing small groups studies, and scheduling Wednesday Night Fellowship and other programs fills my days. Participation in this part of church life continues to grow. However, we need to encourage other persons to experience structured study as we seek to strengthen this part of the Body of Christ.

I seem to enjoy good health. However, periodically I do have to check on how this 6o year old body is doing. So, this week I visited Dr. Butler and Dr. Smith. My teeth and eyes got at good report and once again I give thanks for good health.

Today I am going to retreat to finish a sermon for Monday night. May God's Word inspire me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is indeed the season of planning and reorganization. Could I borrow you to come to Poplar for a few weeks?