Saturday, January 07, 2006

Walking the Bible

Beginning last Wednesday, PBS is airing the three part series - Walking the Bible. As air time was prior to my arrival home and during the Rose Bowl game, I finally watched this (taped for me by my wonderful husband) today. I saw and heard Bruce Feiler, author of Walking the Bible, as he traveled through the lands of the Bible seeking the sites of the Bible's great stories. Beginning with Genesis, Feiler travels in the region of Mesopotamia finding that Bible roots itself in real time and place. Obviously, this becomes a spiritual journey for him as he documents this expedition with Jewish, Muslim, and Christian understanding and deeply connects with the land. He notes that the stories take on both a universal and personal meaning. For those of us who will probably never have the opportunity to take this journey, the photography reveals much to us. Parts two and three will air on January 11 and 18. Although the narration is a little stilted at times, I certainly will encourage others to watch this remarkable presentation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the alert. I will try to catch the next two segments. Any chance you still have the tape of last week's show? If so, could I borrow it?

George Olive