Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Parent's Journal

We awake each morning to the voices of NPR. On Saturday this means Bobbi Connor of The Parent’s Journal. Each week she interviews a parenting expert on a variety of topics. This morning the topics included: preschooler play, teen communication and a baby’s memory. This and most information shared is practical and well-documented. As a grandmother and a children’s advocate, I wish that more parents had the benefit of this program. But, 6 am on Saturday is a little early for tired moms and dads. However, I have discovered that much of the information and past interviews can be found on their website. This site also includes parenting tips, books and links. This program is a great resource and I encourage others to discover it.

One of my best resources on parenting is having a birthday today. His gentle wisdom has been important to our family for 86 years. How wonderful to discuss family matters with my dad today!

No comments: