Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A Snow Day

I need a snow day. I mean the kind of day that I hold in the good memories department. An image of white fluffy snow falling, the fireplace glowing, soup simmering and something baking has been coming to mind lately…even when it has been 70 degrees. Why? It is a day of rest and relaxation without guilt. Read a book, do a crossword puzzle and take a nap are important elements of honoring this day. Family members become reconnected through board games and story time. When one lives in Myrtle Beach these days are infrequent. However, when it does snow one can almost be assured that it will melt by the next day. For most of us, one day is enough. I wonder can I just declare a snow day?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea - I second the idea to declare a snow day.