Saturday, January 21, 2006

E-Christian Ed

This has been a busy week. A week filled with the unexpected and one that has reminded me that God is in charge, not me. However, today was the reminder of why I do what I do. I had my face to face meeting of the Basic II: Foundations for Christian Education class that is part of the Columbia College e-college. As the teaching assistant for this class, I grade the work and offer guidance on-line to the students. It is a unique opportunity to pass the torch to others who will shape Christian education in the future. In doing so I am reminded of the importance of the foundation that Christian education provides for congregations and Christian living. It was exciting to talk with the students about this and I look forward to working with them in the weeks ahead. I truly feel that I am called to be in a ministry that helps others learn the story of God's love and this is one way that I can fulfill that call.

No comments: