Saturday, September 03, 2005

Football Season is Here!

Today has long been anticipated in my home. The Ohio State Buckeyes played their first football game of the season. Daily evaluation of the team from website accounts has fueled enthusiasm for what certainly will be a good year. Or will it? Important questions like … “Will Ted Ginn shine?” “Is the running game ready?” have been asked regularly. Not by me, but the person that has shared my life for 38 years. My dear Ron is an avid fan. Nothing interferes with game time in our home.

Having grown up in Central Ohio, where Ohio State footfall was almost a religion. Woody Hayes was the icon and Saturday at the Horseshoe was nearly a holy time and place. Add the years spent as a student at OSU and Ron was hooked. I accept this fascination and have enjoyed my share of exciting games, also. And, I must say that in his maturity, he now accepts the occasional defeats with grace. I just don’t know when Jim Tressell is going to call Ron for advice for he has all the answers.

Today, I tried once more to put this obsession in perspective especially given the events of the past week. I really couldn’t find any great theological insight. However, I was glad to have the diversion and to see Ron enjoy a winning day. OSU - 34 Miami of Ohio - 14. Go, Bucks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about them Clemson Tigers!!!

Anonymous said...

A true Georgia Bulldog fan knows that "those" is demonstrative and
"them" is objective. Therefore, did
anyone see those Dawgs?