Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A New Computer

Recently, after numerous aggravations with my laptop computer, I faced the fact that I needed a new computer. This made my personal shopper, Ron, very happy as this meant he had a research project. What did I need? What would be a good price? Finally, the purchase was made yesterday and I am now happily using my new HP Pavilion. However, I wonder why having this computer is a necessity? We have a desktop computer and I have a computer at the church. Of course, this means Ron and I don’t have to share. It also means I can take my work with me wherever I go. I think that I have bought more than a computer. I have bought into some of our cultural ills…consumption of stuff and workaholic practices.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Offset the worry of consumerism with the marvel of the event opening your eyes to the fact that you are blessed enough to have a personal shopper. Ponder that for a while, then pass on the guilt.
Tom