Friday, June 29, 2007

Two Years Ago

Two years ago this week, I decided that it might be interesting to do a blog about those things that I encounter day by day. In some ways, it has become a spiritual journal and certainly an exercise of contemplation and communication. Knowing that this is being read by others has meant that some things have been left unsaid. Other times, I have chosen to risk letting the reader know that my thoughts are not always Myrtle Beach mainstream. But, most importantly it has forced me to reflect on a number of topics and to seek enlightenment about many of them. With each blog post, I am able to give my daily experiences a second look and in some way or another wonder if or how they are part of my faith journey.

I have discovered that writing also involves listening to what is going on around me and that by doing so I am drawn closer to God, neighbor and self. (Mark 12:29-34). Knowing that my life is defined by what I pay attention to on my journey, I realize that I am growing in my faith. This deeper awareness has allowed me to find grace and direction as I look for the signs along the way.

Of course, I am grateful to those who have participated in this experiment by reading and responding to my blog. Thank you for your insight and thoughts. Even though I have 401 posts, I think there will be new thoughts to be shared in the days to come.

No comments: