Friday, June 22, 2007

The ABC Prayer

Sometimes the well is dry when I go to prayer and that is when I revert to the ABC prayer. I think I first learned to do this as a teenager at church camp. It is amazing how the thoughts and words begin to flow when triggered by focusing on the use of the alphabet. The gift of this happens when it is not used frequently lest one uses the same words. I will admit that “x” is something like (e)xtra and “z” is zeal or zealous.

Awesome God, be with me and call me this day to faithful living. Even when I know you, I confess that I have fears of that which is before me. God, have mercy upon me. I pray that I may be an instrument of justice and peace and may be known as your servant. Lead me and let nothing distract me from opening my mind to you. Prepare me and quicken my heart to faithful living. Help me to reach out to those who are seeking you. Thank you (u) for the many blessings in my life. Let me share your vast love with patience and wisdom. With (e)xcitement let me care for your creation and live into today with zeal. Amen.

No comments: