Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snowy Day

After completing an uneventful trip to Columbus yesterday, we were able to spend time with my mother. Everyone seems to feel that she is improving. I was just glad to see her and talk with her. My father is tired, but withstanding well the long hours in the hospital and the disruption of his routine. They are people of great faith and it shows as they deal with these medical matters.

Today, we will be a day of rest for everyone as we are in the midst of a winter storm . Ron and I are in motel not far from the hospital and will try to visit mother sometime during the day. As we watched the weather news this snowy morning; we saw a well-placed ad for Myrtle Beach. The MB tourist industry does have great timing. I predict that as soon as they can shovel their driveways, Buckeyes will be on their way to our beaches.

When lived to the fullest, life can be a real adventure. Thanks be to God.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We at the beach are happy to know that you made it safely and that your mother is improving. For some reason the mention of storm and beach reminded me of a quote from Adam Clayton Powell who said from Bimini during one of the storms of his life, "Keep the faith, baby!".

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are having a day of rest. The stress of preparng for the jounrey and the journey itself must have exhausted you in many ways. I pray these days are a blessing to all of your family. Sometimes, winter storms outside impart a serenity inside.

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with your mother for a gentle and speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

We were glad to hear news of your mother. Our prayers continue to be with you and your family.
Bob and Shelby

Anonymous said...

A day of rest for you is unheard of and would take being in the midst of a winter storm! I am glad that you are where you need to be this week, and I am especially glad that your mother is improving. Your family is in my prayers.

Know that you are missed terribly! Jeanne