Sunday, February 11, 2007

My Mother’s Daughter

At some point today we are leaving for Ohio to see my parents, especially my mother. Ten days ago she had surgery and what was to be routine has not been so. She left the hospital on Wednesday, but has returned and will have surgery again this morning. We are still assured that she will recover, but the process will take longer. Like for so many families, the juggling of jobs, care giving and other responsibilities has become difficult for my brothers and sister. So, I sense that I need to go and be part of my family. Furthermore, my mother has asked to see me. I go knowing that the prayers of my church family are with me. Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vaya con dios,amiga.

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom. Know that we hold you close in our hearts.
Shelby and Bob