Saturday, April 15, 2006

Five Years Ago

Today is the anniversary of one of the milestones on Ron’s and my journey together. Five years ago on this date we moved to Myrtle Beach. It was Easter and following the last worship service at Shandon UMC in Columbia, we drove to our new home. (Our furniture had arrived two weeks earlier.) Prior to this move, Ron’s career had dictated where we lived. Now I was the one who had said that I thought we needed to make this change in our lives. As one might imagine, those first weeks were ones of wondering if I had done the right thing. However, as life has unfolded for us, the hand of God has seemed evident in some very real ways. So, I celebrate this day with prayers of thanksgiving for what has been. I also ask God to give guidance to my days ahead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I celebrate that day, as well, and have offered many prayers of thanksgiving for you and Ron. God blessed many of us when he brought you here! His hand is indeed on your ministry; and our church, our community, and especially our children are better off for your being here. God bless you for what you do and mean for so many of us! I can't wait to see what the next 5 years bring!