Thursday, April 20, 2006

Easter Postscript

With the joy of the Easter morning worship still ringing in our ears and heart, Ron and I began our trip to visit family in Ohio on Sunday afternoon. The blooming azaleas, redbud and dogwood trees along the highways continued the uplifting spirit of the day. What a glorious sight! This drive also became a reflective time of past Easters…. joyful celebrations as a child, dramatic sunrise services as a youth and inspiring worship experiences as an adult. This became a journey of remembering of the one whose love and life is stronger than death. With each twist and turn through the mountains, I felt the dark shadows that have hovering around me being replaced by light. I sensed a new part of my life unfolding and I knew that Christ would be walking with me.

The great cycle that lies at the center of the Easter story is the journey from death to life. It happens in nature and it happens in our own lives over and over again. When the stone has been rolled away for us, revealing the transformation that occurs when light replaces the darkness, then we are called to seize that hope and to offer it back to one another and to our world. Sometimes we need to spend time sharing this message of hope with family. I trust that I have.

No comments: