Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Eve

I can’t believe that 2005 is about to pass. I celebrate much of what has been and give thanks for God’s grace in those times that have been a challenge. In addition to the birth of a new grandchild, I have enjoyed two other new things in my life this year. Six months ago I began this blog. It has given me an opportunity to share information and some of my thoughts with friends, family and First Church members. This type of journaling has been an exercise in observing and responding to what is happening around me. In many ways, I have discovered it to be a spiritual discipline as it has nurtured my faith in real ways. Also, comments from others have given me further understanding of a variety of topics. The other new thing for me in 2005 has been regular workouts at Pepper Geddings with Ron at 6:00 am. This was inspired by elevated blood pressure and the threat of medication. The doctor and I are pleased with my efforts….120/70 without medication! Blogging and exercising will continue into 2006 and even another grandchild will be born in March.

Like most folks I know, I will begin the new year with strong resolve to be more disciplined in several areas of my life. With thoughts about keeping a neater desk and setting aside reading days, I look forward to this new beginning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is great about the exercise, the only thing I have to say is that I will believe the neater desk part when I see it. Ha, ha!