Sunday, August 07, 2005

A Grand Week



Annaka and her father, Robert, were with us at the beginning of last week. Baby Jack and Mama Kristen stayed home and missed a whole lot of fun. We so enjoyed seeing Annaka learn to love the Sunset Beach experience as her father has through the years. How interesting to see the past connected to the present and future family fun.

Later in the week, William and his parents, Shannon and Dan, came to join in the beach fun. It just seems like yesterday that I was carefully watching his father play in the surf and sand.

Truly, grandchildren are precious gifts. Gifts to enjoy, but also to give special care. Grandparenting is still a new role for me and I am living into it. Knowing how much my grandparents meant to me, I want to create a special relationship with each child. If nothing else, I trust that I can be a spiritual guide for them as they grow into an understanding of who God is in their lives.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Grandchildren are precious. Just cherish each moment...they grow up so quickly.