Thursday, August 11, 2005

A Cup of Coffee

Those who are in my presence for even a brief time know that coffee is quite important to me. A cup of good black coffee is truly the breakfast of champions. Of course, I also look forward to coffee breaks, coffee with lunch and dinner, coffee with dessert. I guess this habit is a remnant of my long ago college days and that was even before Starbucks. Of course, my body has now told me to limit the caffeine. But, my mind still seems to click into action and my body a bit more charged with the heavy aroma of fresh coffee and the first sip of its distinctive taste, even decaffeinated.

No wonder one of my favorite phrases is “It’s percolating” when talking about an upcoming presentation or sermon. I savor these moments. I enjoy putting the right blend of thoughts, ideas, and information together. With the addition of fresh eyes and ears, new insights slowly begin to happen. Drinking from the cup of inspiration, I meditate on what this really means and to give thanks for what I have been given… even when it’s decaffeinated.

Take time to smell the coffee. Carpe cappuccino!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your "coffee Reflection" was truly
"Good to the last drop". It's 3:30 a.m.,and I had just sat down at the computer with a pot of Kona blend, cream pitcher of heavy whipping cream, and a sugar dish of raw Hawaiian sugar only to discover your entry. I love you.

Anonymous said...

carpe diem that is some real
"java"script