Monday, March 30, 2009

Grandma Jean


“Grandchildren are the crown of the aged” (Proverbs 17:6) Recently, Ron and I enjoyed having our four-year-old grandson, Jack, visit us for a few days. As one might imagine, we had a great time creating good memories for the future. Of course, Ron’s photo blog records much of what we did. However, this picture is one of my favorites and a reminder of my responsibility to be a spiritual guide to Jack, our other grandchildren and all children.

In Psalms 71:17-18 we read:
“O God, from my youth you have taught me,
and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds,
So even to old age and gray hairs,
O God, do not forsake me,
Until I proclaim your might
To all the generations to come”

This is not only our challenge as grandparents, but our sacred responsibility.

No comments: