Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Beginnings

"For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice
And to make an end is to make a beginning."

-T.S. Eliot,
from his poem, "Little Gidding"


Reading these words was a gift as I was trying to fulfill my resolution to be more attentive to this blog and my efforts at profound reflection or insightful prognostication were going nowhere. So I have not only spent the day packing away Christmas decorations, but also have allowed my heart and mind to discover the excitement of new beginnings in 2009.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being. What has come into being in him was life, and the life was the light of all people. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it.”
- John 1:1-5

No comments: