Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Holy Mystery

We are in Ohio this week visiting my parents. Although I haven’t posted a blog lately, I have been pondering several different topics. Today, I am borrowing from Theolog as a focus for thought. The author says:
When you ask a Protestant patient what you can do for him, he’s likely to say, “You can pray for me.” Ask a Catholic and she’s likely to say, “I’d like to have communion." more

Communion remains very much a mystery to many United Methodists. Understanding it as a Holy Mystery can lead us into a richer relationship with our Lord. Perhaps we have been negligent in offering this opportunity within our churches?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if it is where we as believers have been taught (conditioned?) to find God: in the mysterious communion of conversation with a God who cares (stunning) and/or the mysterious communion of the Eucharist.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if one path is mysterious and the other mystical.
Tom