Saturday, February 04, 2006

Happy Anniversary

“Love is patient; love is kind…” Thirty-nine years ago Ron and I were married in my home church in Ohio. Surrounded by family and friends we confidently promised to love one another through all our years. Little did we know how those vows could be tested by life’s circumstances. However, we have shared each other’s joys, wept each other’s tears and persevered when we were not of one mind. So we celebrate today assured that we will love each other’s aches, pains, gray hair and idiosyncrasies into our tomorrows. Today, we will also know a reward of this faithfulness…our grandchildren. A quick trip to Columbia will allow us to enjoy a few minutes of grandparenting together.

“And now faith, hope, and love abide; these three; and the greatest of these is love.”
I Corinthians 13:13.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Ron. Sorry this is late, but you and Ron are so private you didn't spread the word. I hope your day was a blessed one. Ann and I will celebrate 26 on April 6th if I survive Valentines Day.