Monday, October 31, 2005

A Place Called Home

As we return to South Carolina from a few days in Ohio, I have memories of one more journey to that place called home. Long ago I realized this not only means the geographical location, a farm near Jeffersonville, Ohio, but also a place in my heart. Both understandings have been very much part of this trip. From being with my sister and husband who are dealing with his serious illness to seeing my parents who are experiencing the realities of aging, it has been an opportunity to remember so many things that have been important to me through the years. I also have had the chance to do what family members can do best...hold one another close in time of trial. As the miles once again begin to separate us, I know that I am not really leaving home for it truly is a place in my heart.

Beckley, West Virginia

No comments: