Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Why I Blog

I have discovered that blogging can be a true spiritual discipline. It can help me to concentrate and to get in touch with my heart. This focusing on experiences and processing on the accompanying emotions leads to important reflection on significant events in my life. Often writing about it can redeem a difficult and frustrating day. I claim what I have lived and make it part of my journey. It becomes lifesaving and sometimes good for others who might read what I write.

Thank you to those who keep encouraging me to find the inner places that I hardly know that are there and to discover spiritual answers to the questions that keep being asked. There are hidden treasures to be found when I allow new thoughts to emerge when writing or blogging. The realization that Jesus walks with me and speaks to me on the journey becomes even more real. What a blessing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every now and again blogging causes me to take pause to wonder about possibilities that I would not otherwise have slowed down enough to discover. Ocassionally I wonder if I had never heard of God, would I have been able to make the mental leap of faith required to conceptualize a reality that I had no prior knowledge of, or would God have found a way to reveal His nature and his mind to me. Somehow it reminds me of how lonely was the first man to try to use rudimentary language on a "tribe" that had no other members mentally ready to grasp the concept or see the unique benefits of abstraction. Strangely enough, such ponderings are very soothing and therapeutic for me because they make me more totally aware of advantages that I unconsciously use every day. Therefore, even when it appears that I have nothing, I know that I will always have "daily bread". Thanks for the second helping, Rev. Tom