Saturday, January 19, 2008

Political Cartoon Wisdom



Once again Robert Ariail has captured an important story of the day. A political cartoon's simple and direct insight often lingers in my memory longer than lengthy editorals. I suspect that I am not alone.

However, my thoughts for today revolve around our election year in general. Even with all the frustrations that it brings, it is so important to be an informed voter. This often means listening for what is not said as much as what is said. We must keep asking the questions. We have been blessed with a democracy, but it will not be maintained without discerning citizen participation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never professed to be exactly
mainstream, nor to see reality quite like my generation. I preface my comment with this disclaimer, because when I look at this cartoon, the first thing that jumps out at me is not that SC's fragile future is headed down a bumpy road, but that once again SC may suffer future losses because it has all its eggs in one basket.