Thursday, April 05, 2007

Maundy Thursday

When I have trouble sleeping, it usually means that all is not well with my soul. Such has been this week. I know that I am struggling with the Holy Week scriptures. The shadows are lengthening and darkness is falling across my heart. Everything seems to be upsetting and of crisis proportions. Maybe I am like the disciples; I just don’t quite get it. However, I don’t think that I am the only one.

In our continuing effort to help parents be a part of their children’s faith development, we created a Walk with Jesus for Holy Week. Modeled on the Stations of the Cross, we created ten different stations in our classroom area for children and parents to explore the story of Jesus. Families have been invited to participate at one of three scheduled times. Jamie Eagerton provided the leadership for this project and did a great job of making the stations. To date, her children are the only ones that have experienced this Walk with Jesus. Maybe tomorrow other parents will take this opportunity to allow their children to discover that Holy Week is a time to be set aside for a special time with Jesus.

In an effort to redeem this week for me, I am prayerfully reading, reading and reading. I especially enjoyed this blog by Diana Butler Bass and commend it to others to consider all the resurrections they have seen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for referencing to the other article. It was quite inspiring.