Saturday, March 10, 2007

Daylight Savings Time

I guess the idea of daylight savings time has some merit, but I sure know that it messes with my biological clock for about a week when we spring forward or fall back. However, my most immediate concern is that I make it to church on time tomorrow. The sticky notes are already in strategic spots to remind me to re-set clocks later today. All of this leads me to think about the passage of time. What happens to it? I can’t believe that we are in the third month of 2007. Am I living into God’s purpose or wasting this gift of time? Maybe it is time to re-set my spiritual clock and more closely note my participation in the Christian story? When my mortal time ends, will someone be able to say, “Well-done, good and faithful servant”?

No comments: