Monday, June 19, 2006

Long Range Planning

The First UMC Long Range Planning Committee met last week for the first time in over four years. The main topics of discussion were why and how we need to plan for the future. I am thrilled that we are beginning to work on this important process. This reminded me of some of the questions that professional church planners ask congregations. It seems like that the answers could provide some good insight into our planning.

-What do neighbors and friends know about First UMC?
-What is the community perception of First UMC?
-What are our strengths? weaknesses?
-What is your vision for First UMC in ten years?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How frustrating! Now that I am gone, the planning begins. Well, given that I will likely return to FUMC sometime in the future, I will pray for the Spirit to guide the efforts of the committee members. FUMC is such a wonderful church with incredible potential. I am thrilled by the planning activity to realize that potential for making disciples of Christ.