Saturday, June 13, 2009

Woman of Character

When reading the current copy of Sasee, I was delighted to see a picture of Shannon Hussey and Courtney Howard and to read the attached article. Shannon is Sasee’s current “Woman of Character” as a result of Courtney’s nomination. It is great to know that a youth recognizes the importance of a mentoring relationship. Also, I know that Shannon takes this role seriously. I was pleased that their confirmation experience was noted as part of this. Congratulations to both of these fine young women.

1 comment:

George said...

I picked up a copy of Sasee at the gym Wednesday and read the fine article about Shannon. I don't know Courtney, but I admire and applaud her initiative and courage in submitting the nomination. And I certainly affirm the accolades made about Shannon. The article was a great tribute to both Courtney and Shannon. The First UMC family must be very proud.