Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Forty-two Years Ago



It is hard to believe that 42years ago today Ron and I were married in the Jeffersonville Methodist Church (a UMC after the 1968 merger) in my Ohio hometown. My mother made my gown; my sister was my only attendant and the wedding created no debts. We said our vows amid family and friends, cut the cake in the fellowship hall in the church basement and left for a brief honeymoon in Lexington, KY. Two sons, two daughter-in-laws, and four grandchildren later we have lots of rich memories of a variety of experiences that have cemented those marital promises. Of course, there have been moments of tension and stress, but somehow we have honored our vows and continue to enjoy traveling life’s journey together. May this be a valuable legacy to our children and grandchildren.

5 comments:

Shannon Osborne Photography said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

You two are an inspiration. Congratulations! Melissa

mbeachRN said...

Glad you had a good anniversary! Loved the picture of you both! Trevor and I got to visit my new nephew last weekend-a few pics are posted on my blog. My sister just had her first baby, Brayden. Our baby will soon be here...37 wks now!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! I think of my failed marriage of 34 years and then give thanks to God that I met Gail and have celebrated 10 Valentine's Days with her. Two daughters, one step-daughter, one step-son, one foster son, and four grandsons later, I can only shout to the rooftops,"Thank you, God."

Anonymous said...

I love the picture and the legacy that you are making for your family and all of us. Your dress is pretty; I've always been partial to lace. You slipped a little detail in that I wish more folks would consider: your wedding created no debts. Now that's a blessed way to start a life together! Scarlett