Monday, November 19, 2007

The Right Questions

I enjoy reading the Lewis Center’s online newsletter, Leading Ideas and share this quote from a recent one. “Leaders do not need answers. Leaders must have the right questions.” In keeping with this thought, I find “Ten Provocative Questions” by Lovett Weems to be insightful and a good basis for holy conversation about the vitality of the United Methodist Church. It would seem that how we arrive at the answers will be as important as what the answers are.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy do I wish this post had neen up before I just now posted a comment to Altar Calls. Pay no attention to the little man behind the curtain.

Anonymous said...

scary, hard questions. wonder what would be said in honest conversation?...

Anonymous said...

I have the utmost respect for Lovett Weems. I own several of his books. Yet, I am troubled by this article. The questions are "right on", but I wonder if the premise is wrong. Are we concerned about the preservation of the UMC when, I believe, we should be concerned about the vitality of THE CHURCH. God's church will always be, but are we being the church?

Anonymous said...

So fantabulous to see the comments from George again. It reminds me of an old Peaches and Herb song, Reunited.