Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Travel Notes

After a quick visit with Ron’s brother and family in Indianapolis, we are now in Jeffersonville, Ohio. These road trips give me much time to think about our family and to know that it will be a good adventure. As we re-connect we are fortunate to be able to find joy in remembering days past and to forget or forgive the unhappy times. We are blessed.

Although it is always enjoyable to travel through the mountains, it is that flat, open land canopied by blue sky from horizon to horizon that feeds my soul. The sunset was gorgeous last evening as was the moon that soon followed. How awesome is God’s creation!

The vacation prayers mentioned in my last blog have guided my days. I don’t know the author, but certainly the Holy Spirit directed the writing of them. I think these will stay in my suitcase for future vacation time, also.

Other notes: There are more trucks on US 70 than cars and certainly evidence of how many things that are transported long distances. Know wonder we are known as a gas guzzling nation. Also, Starbucks can now be found near the interstates and pumpkin spice lattes are back on the menu. My travel budget will need to be adjusted.

No comments: