Monday, August 20, 2007

Another Year

Today is my birthday. I can remember thinking that my grandmother was an old lady when she was my age. I wonder how my grandchildren view me. The good news is that they called me to sing Happy Birthday and certainly were far more excited about this day than I was. However, I have come to realize that it is good to celebrate what has been and wish for the very best in the future. It is a time of thanksgiving and also an opportunity to make some resolutions for the days ahead. Although these thoughts are not original, I need to claim them.

-Nurture relationships with family and friends.
-Practice healthy living.
-Help meet the needs of those I meet along the way.
-Read some good books.
-Glorify God in all that I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Only one part of "old lady" fits you. That's the "lady" part.