Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What I Am Reading

This week's Newsweek's cover story about Billy Graham is filled with humility and warmth. He speaks with wisdom that only age can reveal. I was especially touched by his obvious love for his wife, Ruth.

I continue to try to understand the latest chapter in the Israel's border wars. My heart hurts for the destruction of innocent lives, especially the children. Joe Hale's commentary offered through United Methodist News Service is thought provoking. He asks, "Is it ever possible to make peace by destroying bridges?" We must be in prayer daily for peace.

I have just started reading Abide with Me by Elizabeth Strout and am enjoying it. Her style of writing allows the story to unfold with quiet fullness and power. It feels good to take time to read some good fiction.

No comments: